Sunday, December 25, 2005

Waiting / Christmas Eve Recap

I'm sitting here waiting on the family to wake up so we can open presents.

I've been up for over an hour, but that really has been nice. I've been able to read my Bible and spend some time with God this morning before the busy day gets going.

Last night, we went to my in-laws. It's a big tradition that they have a big Christmas Eve shindig and as usually, it was a lot of fun, but as usually, we left late.

We have a Dirty Santa over there last night. I had number 2. Probably the worse number you can have in the game. The present I opened was a very nice BBQ set. I was ecstatic, but within 2 or 3 people, it was gone. So off to the stack to pick again. This time, I wasn't as lucky. I got a set of 4 OCC coffee mugs and 2 packets of coffee. Did I mention I don't drink coffee? Anyway, it was a lot of fun!

My daughter got a new car yesterday. It was the one I spoke about earlier. She is too happy. We sold her old car to a salvage for a whopping $50. Considering we spent $1300 when we bought it, that was sort of depressing. Hopefully she'll take better care of this one since she is paying for it.

Well, the family should be getting up shortly. Have a wonderful and safe Christmas!

No comments: