Sunday, December 18, 2005

17 years ago

17 year ago today, I had a car wreck.

I had gone to see a friend for her birthday. I was driving home down a gravel road, and topped a hill like I had done hundreds of times before, but this time, there was a car topping the hill in front of me. At the bottom was a one lane bridge. (and I knew you could not get 2 cars across a 1 lane bridge at the same time)

I hit my brakes as hard as I could, but not too hard, gravel handles like snow), and the other car got across the bridge and I tried to get my car onto the bridge and missed getting my right tire on the bridge by about 2 or 3 inches.... The car flipped into the creek.

Long story short, I ended up having some complications in the hospital. I had 105.8 degree temperature, 106 is brain hemorrhaging. I had NIGHTMARES and only remember bits and pieces of that time. I ended up with rheumatic Fever. I opened my Christmas presents in the Hospital that year, but I didn't (and still don't) remember doing it. When I finally got home from the hospital mom had to show me the presents.

God was watching after me during that time. The doctors told my parents that they could do nothing more for me, and whether I lived or died, it was up to me. (Course we all know it was up to God)

I had planned on talking a bit more about this, but it's late.

No comments: