Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Happy Holidays?

Ok, I just had to add my 2 cents in here.

Happy Holidays? I don't have a problem with the phrase. If you are wishing many groups of people Happy Holidays. You don't know what holiday they are celebrating. They may be celebrating Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah, or something else.

I send out Christmas Cards! Why? cause that is what they are. I do not know if people send out Hanukkah or Kwanza cards or not, but I've never heard of them. They are Christmas Cards.

I have a Christmas Tree! Why? cause that is what it is. They don't have Kwanza tree's or Hanukkah tree's. They are Christmas Tree's.

I understand that the Christmas Cards that were sent out from the White House said Happy Holidays in them, well, yea. Think about who all their cards are going to. Why was there a fuss about it? They are printed generically. The white house could print and mail groups to all the different people and have their special holiday on the cards to those people. Course, that would cause people to throw a fit to. Get over it!

I don't believe we need to get bent out of shape over the phrase Happy Holidays, but removing the word Christmas from typical Christmas items is taking it too far.

Merry Christmas!

Oh, and if you are offended that I wished you Merry Christmas? You can get over it, cause you obviously get offended over silly things.

No comments: