Friday, December 30, 2005

Growing Up

Today, my son and I went and bought my wife her birthday present and then went to McDonald's to eat lunch. We ordered and ate then afterwards he played on the indoor playground.

While I sat there and watched him play, I realized how fast he is growing up. I watched him as he interacted with the other kids. I saw kids that were still in diapers and how it wasn't that long ago he was their age. In a couple of weeks, he'll turn 6. It doesn't seem like it's been 6 years since he was born. In another 6 years, he'll be 12... almost a teenager.

I love my children. I missed watching my daughter grow up during this time of her life. And like most parents, I feel like my boy's time will soon be over, and he'll not want me around anymore.

He is so sweet, loving, caring and innocent. I don't want to see those qualities in him change.

I'm going to get off here and go play with him some more.

Parents, enjoy your children. Don't try to rush them from one stage of their life to another. It will be here before you know it.

No comments: