Saturday, December 03, 2005

Movie Night

Last night, my wife and I had the house to ourselves! I was a very nice change of pace. We haven't had more than an hour or so alone in a long time.

Well, we had a little dinner and then watched a couple movies that we had rented from Netflix.

We watched Batman Beings and Ladder 49.

Batman Begins was a very good Batman movie. I really liked it. It was very well done and I really didn't have any complaints about the movie. I think I would enjoy watching that again. I would not have a problem letting my nearly 6 year old watch this movie, but I'm not sure he would. It definatly showed more of Bruce Wayne then Batman. That isn't bad, but a Batman movie for kid it does not probably make. I may eventually purchase this movie.

Ladder 49 was an ok movie but I will NEVER watch it again. Not for me. Stop reading if you want to watch this movie and not know a couple things. Spoiler for Ladder 49 ahead.









Ok, last chance, I'm talking about it now.
I am a Sci-Fi/Fantasy buff. Love these types of movies. I usally only see a movie like Ladder 49 is when I'm watching it with my wife. It was ok. the first 90 to 95% of the movie was great! Infact, I would have enjoyed the movie very much if it had a different ending. As you are reading this, you have either seen it, or don't plan on it. But as you may, or may not, know, the main character Jack dies at the end of the movie. He does a very self sacrificing thing. That in itself was good, but he leaves his wife and 2 kids behind.

I've been told I live in a dream world, and maybe I do, but I like movies to have a happy ending. They should have saved Jack from the fire so he can go home to his wife and kids. Don't want to save him? Fine, let him sacrifice himself for the sake of the othe firefighters that are coming in to save him, but don't let the guy be married with kids.

No comments: