Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Kid Friendly PS2 Games

I'm a bit frustrated.

My son, who is almost 6, loves to play the PS2 (Playstation 2 for all you that don't know what I'm talking about). It seems that though there are a lot of sites out there, like GameSpot that review games, none really give me a good idea if it is a game that my son could play.

I know the ESRB ratings are there, but just because the game is rated for Everybody, doesn't mean my almost 6 year old is able to play the game. For example, Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius is rated E, and my boy is able to play that without much help from me. However, Heroes of Might and Magic is also rated E, but he could not play this game.

I haven't decided yet, but I'm considering getting a GameFly subscription and renting different games and playing them with my son decide if they are games that are games kids can/should play and then either starting a new blog or making posts here about mine and my boys thoughts of the game.

I know he would like that idea since he would get to play more games.... I'll have to think about this some more.

No comments: