Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Car problems (again)

I've had an interesting morning.

This evening, I will be getting 2 sensors in my car fixed finally. They have been going out for several months but we didn't have the money to get them fixed. Now I do. So I've made arrangements with one of the men in my church who is a mechanic and he said he'd fix it. I got the parts ordered, and we are to fix it tonight. Because of this, I was going to have my wife take the car today so it wont get as hot as if I had driven it into Tulsa. That left me with the truck.

The morning started pretty good. I got up and round and left on time. Dropped my boy off at day care and was on my way to Tulsa and it appeared I would be at work on time.

Just after I passed Owasso, my "check gauges" light came on and the truck was getting close to 250 degrees... Still out of the red zone on the gauge. I pulled over and steam was just came billowing out of the engine. Once I got the hood opened, what I found most interesting was the cap to the radiator was cool to the touch, not the least bit hot.

I knew the truck had a radiator fluid leak, but it had never gotten bad enough to overheat it, even when pulling a loaded trailer in the middle of summer to Falls Creek.

Well, my wonderful wife was able to leave work and come help me out. We got the truck filled with fluid and off again. We took are car to where we will work on it tonight, so it will be nice and cool when replacing those sensors. We then went to my wife's parents house and they let us borrow a car for the day. My wife took the truck back to work, and I followed her to make sure she got there safe and sound. Once she was at work, I finally made the trip into town. I was only 1.5 hours late. Oh well, guess it could have been worse.

No comments: