Monday, December 05, 2005

8 years ago today...

... I proposed to the love of my life! (yes, I mean my wife) :)

It was a Friday.

I bought my wife a dozen red roses and sent her a 11 of them to her work. Thanks to her boss at the time, she noticed that 1 was missing, and she called and asked me how many I had bought. I told her "a dozen why?" That's when she said that there were only 11. hehe Little did she know I had more in plan for her. She did ask that when I get the other rose, if I could get something besides red. She loves the look of red roses, but they are not a aromatic as other colors. I told her I would see.

Well, That was my last day working for the City of Tulsa. So, being the last day and all, I got to leave early. Well, I went and picked up the single rose, and slid the engagement ring over the stem. I was ready to propose... Once I found a place to do it. So off I go to find a nice place to propose.

It took me a while, but I finally found it. I found a nice park with a beautiful pond and the like... It was beautiful. Now I had the problem of figuring out how to get her there.

I picked her up from work, and I started heading to the park. She asked me where we were going, and I told her I wanted to show her something. On the way to the park, there was a tree covered in shoes. It was the strangest thing I've ever seen, and anyone who knows my wife knows how much she loves shoes, so I thought it would be something to get us to that part of town.

Anyway, I showed her the tree, and drove the next couple of blocks to the park, and I pulled over and got out and walked around to her side of the car and opened her door. When I helped her out of the car, I reached down behind the seat and picked up the other rose. We walked over to a bench next to the water and as we sat down, I bent down on one knee and proposed.

It was beautiful. The took the ring off the rose and put it on her finger and just kept looking at it.

Of course, all of our special moments are always interrupted by something. As we were walking back to the car, some lady comes up to us and asks us if we are the couple looking for the kid. Of course, that wasn't us.

Well, as we left the park and got back on the highway, I looked over to her and said "I assume this is a yes since you haven't said anything?" hehe unfortunately, we had to go and get the ring sized, but did we have a story for the City Christmas party that night.

I love you honey!

No comments: