Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Big Bang Theory

Ok, do you see the title there? Big Bang Theory.

Theory. hmmmmmm.

Lets look up theory in the dictionary and you'll see several different definitions. My favorite is:
An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.
If it is a theory, an assumption based on limited infomration, then why are we even teaching this in the schools? And why are they teaching it as fact.

When I was in high school, we had about 10-15 minutes on the Big Bang. She said something to the effect of:
I do not believe in what I am about to teach you, but the majority of you will be going to college, and you will at least need to know about this. So here you go...
There are all these complaints and law suites, etc about Intelligent Design and Big Bang Theory and Creationism, etc.

Here is what I think, and I know that is very little.

Don't teach any of it.
That is right. Don't teach Big Bang, don't teach Creationism (well, except in church), don't teach anything else. Then, there isn't this big to do.

Truth is, it all comes down to Faith.
I belive in the Big Bang... God spoke and BANG it happened.
So, I belive that God created EVERYTHING! Why? Do I have any proof other than the Bible said so? No. So why do I belive it? FAITH.
Can any of these scientists really prove what they belive? No. why do they believe? Faith. Now they wouldn't say that, but it's true.

Hebrews 11:1 - Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

None of this is seen, we all take it on faith.

So, as long as they are teaching something that comes down to faith, then Faith is still being taught in schools.

No comments: