Sunday, February 05, 2006

More on Prayer

Why is it that many Christians do not spend quality time in prayer? With so much pain and suffering of those around us, you would think we would spend much more time in prayer than we do.

What I think that people probably fall into 1 of 2 groups. Either 1, they don't believe prayer really works, or 2, they are lazy (aka selfish).
I mean, really, look at the power that prayer can have:

Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray. Is any cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will cure the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up. And if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him. Confess faults to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous one avails much. Elijah was a man of like passion as we are. And he prayed earnestly that it might not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for the time of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth caused its fruit to sprout.

James 5:13-18

The Bible has even promised us that is we follow Christ, we will have problems in our lives' which should be more reason to pray.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. In fact, I'm not. Far from it (just ask my family). But I've really felt God teaching me lately about this. I've just been to complacent with my Christian walk. So, I guess I need to stop walking and start praying.
Therefore to him who knows to do good, and does not do it, to him it is sin.

James 4:17

1 comment:

shadoe42 said...

if he is like me he has other things to do while walking.. like..concentrating on still breathing hahahaha