Saturday, March 04, 2006

Tulsa Mayor election

I wish I had paid attention to the call I just received and didn't hang up on the "automated" phone call.

The Caller ID said "Private Name Private Number"
It was a woman's voice on the phone.

She started out by saying "I'm calling about the upcoming elections for mayor. Tulsa is in real trouble..." I hung up.

See, I live in Collinsville which is north of Tulsa by about 20-25 minutes or so. I can't vote in the Tulsa election for mayor. I know I'd vote for Chris Medlock. If you are from the Tulsa area, and are interested in the election, I'd suggest you go to Steven's blog of Roemerman on Record. He'll talk more about it since he actually lives and votes in Tulsa.

Anyway, back to the call. After I hung up the call, it made me wonder who's campaign office was wasting time and I'm sure money calling numbers that can't vote in the election. And if they don't know who can vote for them, then who exactly are they going to be representing as mayor?

No comments: