Happy St. Patty's Day everyone! I hope this day treats you all well.
I've been doing some research on St. Patrick's Day, and have found out a lot of stuff I didn't know about.
One thing I learned. The whole pinching thing? It was made up by school children.
Some Facts about Patrick
- Patrick was a real person born in 373 A.D in Roman Britain.
- He birth and death dates are not know. (Tradition says March 17)
- He was not Irish, but a British Celt
- He was not Roman Catholic.
- He brought the true Gospel of Christ to the Irish as a Christian missionary-evangelist around 405 A.D.
- He was taken by pirates to Ireland as a slave. He escaped after 6 years. He later went back as a missionary
Also, I found a lot of information at a Saint Patrick's Day FAQ, but this is much like Wikipedia, the answers are given by people like you and me, so, if they are wrong, so is the answer.