Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patty's Day!


Happy St. Patty's Day everyone! I hope this day treats you all well.

I've been doing some research on St. Patrick's Day, and have found out a lot of stuff I didn't know about.

One thing I learned. The whole pinching thing? It was made up by school children.

Some Facts about Patrick
  • Patrick was a real person born in 373 A.D in Roman Britain.
  • He birth and death dates are not know. (Tradition says March 17)
  • He was not Irish, but a British Celt
  • He was not Roman Catholic.
  • He brought the true Gospel of Christ to the Irish as a Christian missionary-evangelist around 405 A.D.
  • He was taken by pirates to Ireland as a slave. He escaped after 6 years. He later went back as a missionary
You can read more about St. Patrick here.

Also, I found a lot of information at a Saint Patrick's Day FAQ, but this is much like Wikipedia, the answers are given by people like you and me, so, if they are wrong, so is the answer.
Post a Comment