Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patty's Day!


Happy St. Patty's Day everyone! I hope this day treats you all well.

I've been doing some research on St. Patrick's Day, and have found out a lot of stuff I didn't know about.

One thing I learned. The whole pinching thing? It was made up by school children.

Some Facts about Patrick
  • Patrick was a real person born in 373 A.D in Roman Britain.
  • He birth and death dates are not know. (Tradition says March 17)
  • He was not Irish, but a British Celt
  • He was not Roman Catholic.
  • He brought the true Gospel of Christ to the Irish as a Christian missionary-evangelist around 405 A.D.
  • He was taken by pirates to Ireland as a slave. He escaped after 6 years. He later went back as a missionary
You can read more about St. Patrick here.

Also, I found a lot of information at a Saint Patrick's Day FAQ, but this is much like Wikipedia, the answers are given by people like you and me, so, if they are wrong, so is the answer.

No comments: