Sunday, August 14, 2005

Taking a stand

How long has it been since you have lost a friend because you've taken a stand for what you know to be right? One of the youth in my church has lost 3 friends this week. She has recently become a Christian, and she is taking a stand for what God says is right and wrong. She's lost 3 friends because of it.

I can truthfully say that is has been a very long time for me. Is that because I don't take a stand, or is it because I'm more careful in choosing my friends.

I hope it is because I'm more careful in my friend choice. I really do try to not alienate people that have different beliefs than I do, but I do have a very strong belief on what is right and wrong, and I'm not afraid of stating my opinion.

Anyway, it's very encouraging to see youth truly taking a stand for Christ!

No comments: