Wednesday, August 31, 2005

SQ723

Ok, I thought I had talked about this over the last month or so, but I can't find it.

My wife was watching TV while I was sitting here on the computer. And I saw a PRO ad on the TV. Not get this. They said this will only cost you an additional $2.50 in taxes a month.

Bull!

I calculated that. It will only cost you an additional 2.50 a month if you only buy 50 gallons of gas a month.

That is 1500 miles if your car gets 30 miles to the gallon.
That is 1000 miles if your car get 20 miles to the gallon.

My car gets around 27, my truck about 18 (been a while since I've done its gas mileage, haven't been able to fill up the tank 2 times in a row).

In my car, I would spend more than that!

This is just a stupid tax.

We pay gas taxes, we pay car tag taxes, we pay taxes when we buy cars. Does evey cent of those taxes go to roads and bridges? If not, why? It should!

The problem isn't with the amount of taxes we have, its how much of our tax money the government is spending on things besides roads and bridges.

IF we need a new tax, or a tax raised, then lets look at it. But it needs to be related to the problem, not something unrelated!

On September 13th, I'll be voting no on SQ723!

No comments: