Wednesday, August 31, 2005

September 1

Tomorrow is September 1st. Hard to believe September is already here.
2 weeks ago tomorrow was the first day of school this year.
2 weeks ago tomorrow was also my daughters 5th Birthday. That was something I have meant to blog about since then, and hadn't done it.

It's time I do.

For those of you that read my blog, you know my daughter is in High School and drives a car. So how can she be 5?

I adopted my daughter 5 years ago... About to be 5 years and 14 days. My daughter is my oldest child. My son is my first born. My daughter is my youngest child! Sorta neat huh?

Well it is to me!

Adopting her was a wonderful (if not expensive) event!

When my wife and I were dating, she wanted to know if I was willing to adopt her once we were married. She was not content on me being a step dad for her daughter! That was great! Too often, people don't think about their children when they make decisions. They just make them, and they don't care how it effects their children. My wife was not that way. I am so thankful for that!

At our wedding, after we were presented "man and wife", I knelt down and asked her if she would be "my little girl" and gave her a ring. When I married my wife, I married into my daughter too.

I've now been my daughters daddy for over half of her life! I know I will always be her father, but I pray I'll always be her daddy.

No comments: