Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rock & Roll Yeast

While reading my Bible this morning, I read a verse that I wanted to share.
Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast - as you really are.
1 Corinthians 5:7
Things in this world can really get to you. A while back, when I really started living for Christ again, I switched from listening to Rock & Roll to Contemparary Christian. That wasn't an easy switch, and quite often, I would switch back to the other radio station. but when I did, I noticed my attitudes on things would change.

See, I was letting the worldly music act like yeast in a batch of bread. Even a few songs of sex, violence, and drugs effected my life.

Now, luckily, Christian Rock is readily avaliable to listen to, so if you like Rock & Roll, you have a good alternative than the worldly stuff. I'm not saying it will be easy, but you can do it.

I want to challenge all of you, to stick to some of the Christian Rock stations... you really will notice a difference... well, I did anyway, both for the good and the bad.

(BTW, I am not saying all Rock is bad, but when listening to normal radio, you get the good and the bad)

No comments: