Saturday, August 20, 2005

Founders Day Update

Today’s Founders Day was fun, but wet.

We got down there and got everything set up before 9 this morning. It was VERY hot! It was miserable. It was a lot of fun painting the kids faces. The smiles on their faces is wonderful! Makes you feel great!

After several hours of being there, clouds moved in… which made the temperatures MUCH better. About 30 minutes later, the sky opened up!

My Grandmother had left here windows on her van cracked, and now it is raining. I walked home in the rain to close her windows for her… I got drenched!!!

We ended up closing up about then… when I had looked at the radar when I came home to roll up the windows, it looked like it was going to clear for about 30 min or so, and then rain some more. We got things packed up, and then the sky cleared up. Hadn’t rained again until now… around 4:15. Most everything else closed up around 3 when we went down for a funnel cake.

It was a lot of fun.

BTW, I wrote this with Blogger for Word.

No comments: