Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sentimental Father

Well, I guess I'm just being sentimental today, but as my little sweet boy turns 6, it's hard for me to be otherwise.

5 has passed. So has 4, 3, 2, 1, and all the months before. He is growing up so fast!

I love how he still thinks me and his mom are everything! How he loves us and listens to us and wants us to be around.

Today, he said to me, "You want to know something dad? I love you." Then he leaned over and gave me a kiss.

Though I believe he will always love me, that kind of affection wont be displayed as openly or as often as he does now. I know this is all a part of how kids grow up, but I don't want to miss a minute of it. I don't want to let go of these times that we share.

He's past half way through kindergarten, and then before we know it, he'll be wearing a cap and gown and moving off to college.

But, till then, I'll continue to enjoy the time with my sweet little boy.

No comments: