Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Better Online Mousetrap

While reading the freeplay article this morning an old sleeping spark was awakened in me.

Hi, my name is Terry, and I'm a gamer.

I love games. I love to play them. Married with children, that's a bit hard, but it is still a fact. But that fact has another facet. I not only want to play games... I want to make them.

That's correct. I want to create a video game. I've wanted to do this for years. I've even toyed around with the concept. In fact, my friends and I have several unfinished game ideas in different states of design.

I once had a chance to go to California and interview with Sega. That's right, Sega. And that was in the day when they had their own game console, and people played it. (didn't even go for the interview, I was newly married, and my wife wanted to stay in Oklahoma. The thought of moving to California would not have been a pleasant one, but to create games...)

Anyway, I got off the subject.

I write programs all day long. Atleast 40 hours a week, sometimes much more depending on the project. That is fun, but it isn't a game.

Maybe one day, when I grow up, I can make games for a living.

No comments: