Friday, January 06, 2006

Kites and Discs

I have loved both kites and disc golf for years but I've not spent much time with them.

I think the warm January days have me thinking about both kite flying and disc golf.

I was introduced to disc golf several years ago, and I love it. I'm not any good at it, so I'm not sure why I like it so much, but it's fun to get out and play.

The other is kite flying. Now, I'm not talking about single string kites. I had them as a kid, and I'd like to see how high I could get them. I'd get them high, tie them off and they would fly for days. Later, I was introduced to double string kites. These are the stunt kites. Now with these, there was much fun to be had. Looping, diving, spinning etc. There wasn't much you couldn't do with these kites. Then, one day, while looking through a kite magazine, I saw the Revolution. It was a quad string kite. You could do everything you could do with the stunt kites and more.

Being a teenager at the time, I was never able to afford the kite. One day, I hope to be able to spring for one of these lovely kites. I know they were between $100 and $150 16 years ago. There appears to be 2 retailers in Oklahoma that sell these kites, and they are both in Oklahoma City.

Guess I'll stick with disc golf. Now all I have to do is find my discs.

No comments: