Thursday, September 28, 2006

Funeral

Today is one of those mixed blessing days.

Monday night, one of the men from my church, Lyle Tillinghast, passed away.

He lived a good long life, loved and served God, and was always there to lend a helping hand. I believe he was 75.

He had accepted Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior, so when he passed away Monday night, he went from a weak and hurting man into the presence of our Lord.

So, that, as you can guess, is the mixed blessing. We will miss Lyle very much, but we know he's no longer in pain and he's in Heaven right now.

His funeral is this morning at 10:00 at Floral Haven.

If you would, please when you read this, pray for his wife. They have been married for a VERY long time. I know I miss my wife when we are separated for short time and we've only been married 8 years.

(Now you know why I haven't posted on my trip last weekend)

No comments: