Monday, May 23, 2005

Update and what not.

Yes, I know. You were beginning to think I had disappeared. Well, I haven't, but I haven't had a lot to talk about.

I didn't go see Star Wars again this weekend like I had originally planned. Of course, that plan had included taking my son, which I'm not currently planning on doing. I think I'll wait for the DVD so I can distract him in the couple of scenes I don't think he is ready for.

I didn't do much over the weekend except house work. Did lots of laundry and dishes.

Last Thursday, my wife and I ran out and did some shopping for her dad a fathers day present. We bought him some tomato plants, and picked us up another. These are not the normal plants, but are heirlooms. We planted her dad's in 5 gallon buckets so he can move them around and still get a good harvest from them. My grandfather has been doing this for several years, and except for them drying out faster, it works really well.

Our other plant I got planted last Thursday, and it is not looking good. I'm not sure what happened, transplant shock, too hot or what. I've hoping it comes out of it and continues to grow. Not looking good at the moment.

My garden is a mixed bag. The peas are doing great! The other tomatoes plants look good as well. The cilantro, onions and garlic also look fine. My cucumber plants are doing real well, and I'll have to thin them out soon. Of the watermelon I planted the other day, 5 of them have sprouted. So that give me a total of 6 plants there. My okra has not faired well. Only 4 plants of the 24 seed I planted in 12 holes. I may try to put some new seed out, but I think it is too late.

My wife's family has a family reunion this weekend in independence, KS. We went last year, and it is ok as family reunions go. My family has never gone to too many. Though the immediate family is relatively large, so I tend to see my cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. Quite often. My wifes family had family reunions every year! And 2 of them at that. One for each side of her family. That isn't bad, but like I said, I'm not use to them. Like I said, we are having it in independence, KS again this year. They have a very nice park called Riverside Park, It has all kinds of activities. They have a park and a zoo that are both free. They have train rides (25 cents), merry-go-round (5 cents), putt-putt(1 dollar), and a huge playground (free).

unfortunately for me, my cousin that has been in Siapan for the last year is coming home the same weekend. So I'll miss her this weekend, but I'll catch her some time this summer

I have a big day at work tomorrow. We are proposing our design on the project I'm working on to our clients tomorrow. Those meetings can go well, or not. This is a slightly different project since they did not initiate it, we did. It is also very technical in nature. So, not only will it be difficult to explain, but since we came up with the project, and the timeline, we will have to be pretty much dead on. I have a couple hours in the morning to finish getting ready before the meeting. I'll be glad when this is over.

Anyway, that is enough for now.
night

No comments: