Thursday, May 19, 2005

Star Wars, Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith

What a movie...

what a movie...

Steven went to night as well, and had some comments about the movie.

I promised to tell you what I thought without spoilers. I will keep that promise, but only if you have seen the original star wars (a new hope) movie.

First of all, the showing I went too pulled out all the stops. It was a corperate showing. It was put on by the Tulsa Fan Force and Vintage Stock. I got to the theater about 9:15. There were lots of people dressed up. Most were not Fan Force people I was told. I hung out for a while, and people watched and what not, it was great! By a little after 10, I was in my seat in the theater. (lucky me, didn't have to wait in line). I'm not sure when all the stuff started, but after the people came in, they handed out quizes you could take to win prizes. I thought I was a fan, but I didn't come close. After that we had some cake. They gave out the prizes from the quiz and then had some raffles. We followed that up with the last 5 episodes of the animated series The Clone Wars. When that ended, we had about a 5 minute (closer to 10) intermission, and then the movie started right were the series left off.

Because of all the to-do, we started a bit late.

This movie was great! No two ways about it. I haven't decided where I place it in comparison with the others, but it is definatly in the top 3. Will have to get back to you on that.

Here are the obvious statements:
1. Anakin becomes Darth Vader.
2. Chancelor Palpitine becomes the Emporer.
3. The bad guys win. You may laugh but I've said that twice today, and people were suprised.

This movie is dark. Very dark. It has it's humorous points, but it is not a comedy by any means. If you thought at the end of Empire Strikes Back was bad when Luke has his hand cut off. you found out that Vader was Lukes father, and Han was frozen and sent off with Boba Fett. that was nothing!

I like how they have tied these movies into one another with similarities in space ships. You can see how the designs will change.

I had told my son I would probably take him to see Star Wars this weekend. I will have to give that some serious thought. If I do take him, it will HAVE to be a matinee. No evening show for this. I will want lots of daylight and some time to play before bed. If he had not known I was going to this movie, I probably would not take him for a couple more years.

In my opinion, Lucas did a very good job. His character development was pretty good. There was some acting that was questionable (others said it sucked, I'm trying to be nice.)
The graphics were good, and not too overdone this time.

Anyway, it is late. I hope this is a decent latenight review.

No comments: