Friday, November 04, 2005

Here we go again!

You've heard me complain before about viruses and spyware and how to fix it. Well, I'm working on someone else's computer from my church. They had close to 350 viruses and about 113 spyware entries.

They had a virus scanner, but from what I could tell, they never updated the software, or hadn't in a very long time. Task manager would not even open, everytime you tried, the spyware/viruses would kill it.

Luckily, I had Spybot and AVG burned onto a disk with the latest updates. So cleaning this up has been better than when I worked on my grandfathers machine a few months ago.

I'm working on installing Service Pack 2 for XP right now. Once I turn on the firewall, that should help a lot. Still have a lot of work to do, but the machine is working so much better now. Will be even nicer once I'm finished.

No comments: