Monday, November 21, 2005

System requirements

I almost forgot how hard PC games were on your computer. And what I mean by that is the minimum and recommended requiremetns are that your PC needs to be.

Seems like it gets higher and higher. Now, I realize that as machines get faster, it is only natural that games use what they are given.

It also amazes me how far back my PC is. On a day to day basis, my home machine is fine, but it couldn't even begin to push these newer games.

Here is an example.
I ran across a game called Earth 2160 today. It really looked interesting to me. So I decided to check out the system requirements. Was I surprised.

Minimum:
Operating System: North American version of 2000/XP with latest service Packs
CPU: Pentium 4 1.5 GHz or equivalent
Memory: 512MB Ram
Hard Drive Space: 1.5GB
Multiplayer: 56kbps

Recommended:
CPU: Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or equivalent
Memory: 1 GB Ram
Hard Drive Space: 2.0 GB
Multiplayer: LAN or Broadband

Anyway, guess I'll not be getting a new PC game anytime soon.

1 comment:

Steven H. Roemerman Sr said...

you need an xbox 360.