Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Microsoft... BAH!

At work, I have been beta testing Mircosofts Visual Studio 2005.

I go to upgrade to the offical realease version, and this is what I am met with.

For best results, install on a computer that has not had pre-release versions of SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio 2005, or the .NET Framework 2.0 installed on it.

If your computer has any of the pre-release versions on it, they must be removed in the correct order BEFORE you begin installing the release version. This process is not officially supported.

Um, hello, I've been beta testing your stuff and you aren't going to make it easy for me to upgrade?

*sigh*
Doesn't make me want to beta test anything else of theirs.

1 comment:

Belghast said...

My problem so far with the Visual Studio 2005 install seems to be that it hosed some things that worked with VS2003 prior to the install. For some reason I can no longer debug ASP.NET webpages, and it has enforced some new security setting that breaks the way postbacks work within a custom WebUserControl. I hate the new "virtual server" shit that they put into 2005 because you can no longer work with multi-tier web applications locally it seems, at least not purely within the VS environment.