Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Halloween weekend

We had a good Halloween weekend.

My wife and son went to a spook hay ride Saturday night and got home about midnight. After church Sunday morning, my wife wanted a nap, so my son and I stayed up and played, and tried to let her have her nap. By the time she woke up, I realized we didn't have any pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns. So I grabbed the kids, and we ran off to Walmart to get 2. When we got to Walmart, no pumpkins outside... that's ok, inside we go. None there either unless you count the bitty ones, and they don't make good jack-o-lanterns. So, we run to Home Depot since they were suppose to have some... none there either. Ok, I will not be deterred, but we are running out of time. Off to Reasors we go, but on our way, we passed an Albertson. Let give them a try. We pull, in and find some.... YEA! The kids pick out theirs, we pay and head home. Because we are in a hurry, I take a turn just a bit to fast, and my daughters pumpkin rolled across the floor of the car, and the stem broke off... I was in trouble. She has spend a lot of time looking for the perfect pumpkin. We get home, and while they are getting ready for the Harvest festival, I hot glued the stem back on the pumpkin.
Sunday night, our church had a Harvest Festival at the Skiatook Community Center. It was a lot of fun. We had a good turn out. Everyone was impressed with my boys costume.

As we were leaving, I told my wife that all his costume needed was a few lights on it, since astronauts usually have some sort of lights on their space suites. So off to Walmart we go.

She bought several of the rings you wear that when you press, they flash. We put 3 on his costume. It was cute.

Monday... Halloween... I left work later than I wanted. It was a busy day. When I get home, we start working on the kids jack-o-lanterns before the costume parade downtown. Just as we start I get paged. When I was done, so where the kids. :(

We got to the parade, and it was a lot of fun. We had so many complements on his costume it was really cool. My wife did such a wonderful job on it. She is so talented that way. :)

After walking down main street and seeing all sorts of costumes and getting some candy, we went to the fair barns for free hot dogs and hot chocolate. Then they had the costume contest. My boy was so excited about entering the contest. There were so many good costumes in the 4 & 5 year old age bracket. He won his bracket!!! He got $15 cash for his win! Which, as he has told several people, he plans on spending on a new video game. :)

Afterward, we hit more of the businesses in town and the church next to our house, then we went off the my in-laws to go trick-or-treating in their neighbor hood. My son got several pounds of candy when it was all said and done.

It was a lot of fun.

No comments: