Thursday, June 16, 2005

Stories from the Trip, pt 3

Wednesday, we decided to go to the Atlantic and go swimming. Being that close to the ocean, can't skip on that. So we pulled out a map, and started looking where the closest place was. We decided to go to Virginia Beach. So we packed up the van and took off. It looked like it would take us about 3 hours or so to get there.

Boy, were we wrong. Partly because of traffic. Took is 5 hours to get there.

My daughter had been to the ocean before, so this was just another trip for her. But this was my boy's first time, and he was amazed!

He had a blast! We all did. It was so much fun watching the waves hit him and almost knock him down. He kept stepping on me and my wife when we were holding him. He finally got use to it enough where I wouldn't hold on to him, and he could take most of the hits from the waves without falling down. He also liked it when I held on to him, and we floated out deeper. I was about chest deep or so, and we would float over the waves as they came in.

I would definatly suggest taking your kids to the ocean (Atlantic or Pacific) when you can. It was so much fun.

We only got to stay there for about an hour and a half or so. Then we decided to pack up and go eat. So as we are leaving, my boy was complaining about his feet hurting to walk. well, we thought he was just being a pansy, turns out he wasn't

We walked up to one of the foot washes, and I took off his swim shoes, and both of them had ALOT of sand in them. hehe it was something else.

While we were washing the sand off our feet, we asked some locals for a good place to eat. They suggested the place we were standing by, which was the restraunt in the Hilton. Not in our budget by a long shot. I'm sure it would have been good, but wasn't happening. So they suggested another place down the road, so we went.

It was nice. We had about a 30 minute wait which wasn't bad. Food was good too, but the price wasn't what I had in mind either. Oh well, it makes for a good adventure. As we are leaving town, my wife flipped out at one of the street signs. Its a no cussing sign. I loved it! So she had to get its picture. It took her a few times, but she finally got it.

On the drive home, my boy was asleep within 5 minutes of leaving the restraunt. He had a busy day. Well, about an hour out of Virginia Beach, we made a bathroom stop, and he woke up. And he stayed awake till we got back around 1 AM. And he talked the whole way. about 3 hours in all. I thought my wife and daughter were going to kill him!

Here are some pictures were took at the beach.

No comments: