Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Stories from the Trip pt. 1

Well, I've promised some stories from the trip. Not that many of you are interested, but I do want to write these down.

As I've said before, the trip up there was mostly uneventful, which is good on a trip that long. We did learn that at least some Pennsylvania drivers are not that friendly. My wife was driving so I could get some rest, and she had the cruise control set on the speed limit, and was passing someone. Well, she got around them, and scooted back over into the "slow" lane. Well, one guy several cars back I guess did not like her going the speed limit, so as he passed us, he honked his horn, and flipped us off. Good first impression of the state.

It was here that we took our first real adventure. There was a traffic jam, so we got off the highway, and decided to find another way through town. I think it made my father in-law a bit nervous, but we survived, and it was a lot of fun. I had contemplated just finding our own way to my brother-in-law's house, but we decided not to.

We did get to drive though some tunnels on the way to Maryland, and it was interesting, as we do not have tunnels here.

Trip up there only took us about 25 hours, and that was with a couple dinner stops, several fuel stops, and some bathroom breaks. Not too bad.

No comments: