Friday, June 24, 2005

I'll miss you Diane

Well, as many of you know, my aunt Diane died today.

She was my mother's youngest sister. I guess she was somewhere in her mid forties, not real sure on her age, but she always acted younger.

She was always a big part of my life. My mom use to baby-sit my cousin, so we saw her all the time for years and years. Even after she moved off we always saw her a lot. Even after I left home, I still saw here a couple times a year.

I know I haven't seen my aunt much lately, but I will miss her. She was up just two weeks ago. We were all out at Skiatook lake. We had a cook out, and some of the family spent the night out there, including her. She got to spend the night in a tent that she got for Christmas.

This has been sort of a shock for the family. She has not been in good health for years. There were times we thought that she wasn't going to make it. She had just had some surgery a couple weeks ago, and everything was going fine. I don't think we really know how she died, and I don't believe an autopsy is going to be done. It was just her time, and God took her home today.

My cousin Angel (Diane's oldest) is doing pretty good from what I hear. My cousin Laura gave her a call tonight and talked to her a bit. But from what she told my, my cousin Zac (her youngest) is taking it pretty hard. He still lived with his mom. He is home from college for the summer. He is the one that found her. I have not talked to him yet. They are suppose to be up Tomorrow or Saturday, I can't remember which, I think Saturday.

I'm sure he is thinking that if he had gone in the room sooner, she would have made it. I know that isn't the case, but how do you tell a grieving son that. It's funny what you find out in times like this. I just found out that the doctors had only given her 9 years to live, of course, that was over 12 years ago. (what do doctors know anyway? God is the one in control!)

There are so many things that are going through my mind. I opened a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper tonight, and thought of my aunt. One summer, I spent some time at their house in Enid, and she went to the store to buy me some Dr. Pepper. She came home, and opened the bottle. She was not being respectful of Dr. Pepper like she should have been, and the bottle exploded all over her kitchen. That was so funny. That story has come up over the years, more than once. :) Or there is the macaroni and cheese pizza she bought me, though she always swore it was only a cheese pizza, but I know it wasn't! :)

I am sad, and I will miss her. But I am also happy for her. She is no longer in pain. And she has been for many years. The most important thing though is she had accepted Christ as her personal savior, so I know she is in heaven right now as I type this. She is with my child, my grandfather and may others that I know that have passed on.

One day I'll see her again.

No comments: