Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day weekend

What a weekend. After the busy week of vacation last week, and getting back into the swing of things last week, this weekend was very much needed!

My boy went to stay at my parents for the weekend with my sister, and her kids, so he had a blast, and was was best, that means we got to sleep late on Saturday. We cooked some hot wings and pizza for dinner, and watched a movie. Went to bed relatively early, and slept pretty late, atleast for us. Slowly got around, and took my father-in-law his Father's day present (a couple tomato plants), and then we went to Walmart for some much needed groceries.

After that was done, we cooked some burgers, and floated out in our mini-pool. After doing some decorating at church for Vacation Bible School (VBS), we came home and cooked some yummy steaks!

Today, after church, we headed to my parents house in Bartlesville for lunch. When I got there, my son was making me a Father's Day card. He wrote "Happy Fathers Day" on the front.
"I love you" on the first inside page, the second inside page, had a CD drawn with pac-man written on it. (not sure why, but I'm loving it), and on the back, was 2 different pairs of shoes. It was very cute.

He came out and gave me that card first, and I thought it was wonderful. Then both of the kids came out after that with presents and cards. My daughter brought out a Darth Tater (Mr. Potato head in Darth Vader costume) and she had a really nice card. It went on an on about what a great dad I am, course every S was a $. On the inside, it said something about if I wanted to reward such loyalty, I could in any way I $aw fit. hehe Very fitting.

Now it was my boy's turn. His card was very touching. It was a picture of a little hand holding onto daddies finger. And it said, "I'll never let go." His present was Star Wars, Episode I on DVD. I had it on VHS, but it isn't the same.

These cards were very fitting for each kid. My wife did a WONDERFUL job picking them out for them. :)

My mom cooked a wonderful lunch, and then my boy and my niece played outside in the sprinkler and slip and slide, and little pool.

Well, It is getting late. We have VBS this week, so who knows what kind of updates I'll have this week. My wife and I are leading the music, so this should be fun. Course this is right up my alley, as long as I don't do something silly and hurt myself (which is also right up my alley) :)

No comments: