Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Pokes Football

Wow!

That's just about all I can saw with the way the Pokes have come out this season. I can't tell you the last time they have been 5-0. Ever? Not that I'm complaining, I love it, I'm just surprised!

Granted, it's 5-0 overall, but only 1-0 in conference. This coming weeks game playing Missouri AT Missouri is going to be the hardest game they have played this season. But if they can make it past Missouri, it will be a huge hurdle. If they can't, I still don't think all is lost. So far, they are setting themselves up really well.

I've had a couple of my friends (non-pokes fans) tell me that at this rate, they could end up 8-4. I'm hoping it's much better than that. But they'll have to get past Texas, Texas Tech, Missouri and Oklahoma. None of those games will be easy, and the pokes will have to NOT do something they do all too often... Choke.

I'm not saying that they wont have to concentrate on getting past Colorado, Iowa State and Baylor, I'm just saying I believe they will beat them if they keep their heads in the WHOLE game.

So, do I think they can come away 12-0 this season? I truthfully doubt it. Is it possible? I think so. Do I think they'll do better than 8-4? Absolutely. However, I think they are still working on building the program and from what I've seen so far, I believe they'll be better next season than this season.

Go Pokes!

No comments: