Well, the new standings are out, and the Pokes are ranked 8. Not bad. OU dropped to 5th after their loss to Texas (which they moved to 1st).
So, looking at the rest of our schedule, we have:
- Baylor next week. They should be able to win assuming we don't go in all full of themselves and not play football. (It's unfortunately happened before).
- Texas the week after that in Austin. They are currently ranked 1 in the AP poll. To win that game will be a struggle, but not impossible. They'll have to take stay concentrated like they did over the weekend to pull that off.
- November 1st is Iowa State at home. Again, we should be able to win assuming they stay concentrated.
- November 8th it Texas Tech at Lubbock. Texas Tech is currently ranked 7th in the AP. Again, if they can stay focused a win is not impossible.
- Colorado on the 15th in Boulder, and as will Iowa State and Baylor, just stay focused and on the task at hand.
- And yep, 11/29 is Oklahoma. at HOME! The home will help, but since Norman and Stillwater are so close, expect a lot of Crimson in those stands. We've beat OU several times. It's not unheard of, but in the last 10 years, we've only beaten them 3 times (1998, 2001, 2002). Though, it's about time for another win.
To say we have an easy end of year is a lie. To says it's hard is an understatement. Well, for half the games anyway.
The Pokes have always seemed to have a problem staying focused on the here and now and not underestimating their opponents. If they take it one game at a time, and play them all like it's the Big 12 championship, then they very well may be playing for said championship. But if they let their focus drop for even a moment, Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma will eat them for lunch!
The next 7 weeks are going to be very exciting!