Monday, December 18, 2006

Children's Christmas Party

Saturday's Children's Christmas party went well. We ended up with 13 kids. And they had a blast! One of the kids said it "was the best Christmas ever". This is really good to hear. Some of this kids haven't had the best home life, so having something that was entirely made just for them was what many of them needed.

We watched the 2 movies. They got to decorate Christmas cookies, make Christmas cards, make bookmarks, and candy canes (non-eatable). The clowns where a HUGE hit! All of the kids just loved them.

Dinner was also a big hit. It all tasted good and I'm pretty sure I surprised a few people that didn't know I could cook. The turkey and ham both turned out wonderful. I almost burned the rolls, but I didn't.

When 7:00 rolled around, I was ready to go home. It had been a long day. I got to church Saturday morning at 10:45.

I'm glad we did it, and I would expect us to do it again. I'm just glad I have a year to rest.

No comments: