Friday, September 16, 2005

President Bush's New Orleans Speech

I listened to President Bush's speech last night. It was a very good speech!

  1. He tried to convey that these people are not alone! The country is here with them, and we will help them rebuild. The government will not abandon them.
  2. He took responsibility for the problems they have had getting help. In my personal opinion, this was not his fault, but as he stated in his speech, since he is the President, it is his responsibility. This I believe, I hope, is a good statement. I've heard so many people basically blame the hurricane itself on President Bush. That is just silly! Along the same lines, he also took responsibility to make sure people get the help they need! I'm sure he will get some flack for that, but I'm sure he would have if he hadn't taken that stance.
  3. He was not afraid to speak of God in this time! I know he has taken flack from so many people and organizations over this Faith, and how he doesn't care who knows!!!


As he was finishing his speech, he used the example of the old funerals you may have heard about in New Orleans... It's a very mournful dirge on the was to the funeral, but afterwards, it is joyful! He stated, we are in that dirge right now, but a time of celebration is coming!

"God Bless America!" is how he ended he speech!

Thank you Mr. President for that great speech! My God continue to bless you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a good speech.