Saturday, September 03, 2005

More car problems

And I'm not talking about gas.

My girl called me tonight about 11:15 p.m. or so waking me up with "My car broke down."

*sigh*

I was very happy with myself... I did not get discouraged or mad. I told her I was on my way, and said a little prayer. Everything we have, no matter what, is Gods... He is just letting us use it for a while. He is in charge.

(I was happy cause I'm usually very discouraged with car problems, they are usually expensive.)

Anyway, I get to where she is at, just a few miles down the road and turn around and take a look. She said she saw the charge light come on, the engine sorta revved, the check engine light came on, and it died.

I asked here if she had left the radio on or anything like that, she said her parking lights were on while she was at work tonight, but it started, so she figured she could get home and put it on the charger.

Well, first things first, Try to charge it and see if we can get it home and off the highway.
Well, it was sorta charging, but not really keeping it. Once you turn on the lights, the charge light comes on.

Well, just a couple weeks ago I replaced the alternator, so I looked at the wire that goes from it to the battery. When I tried to wiggle it, it wiggled. My daughter told me the charge light went off. Ok, lose wire hopefully. Get my wrench out, and go to tighten it... it had almost completely worked itself lose. I tightened it back on and charged it for a moment, and she came home, no problems. We put it on the charger to charge overnight, and we'll check it in the morning.

So, it basically turns out to be nothing.

See! God really is faithful... Not that I really doubt, but Satan has his way of getting in there and taking my eyes off of God, and just really making my life miserable.

And on the bright side, me and my girl had a good hour of together time... It was actually quite nice.

No comments: