Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Tuesday, 4/19

Grrrrr
Before I start rambling, I am a software developer, so, if you start going glassy eye'd, skip to the next section.

Why can people not delete their code when they are done? I spent serveral hours today trying to clean up unused files. I found 106 files that we were no longer using in our application. If people would do that when they stopped using the files, I wouldn't have had to spend so much time on that mind numbing activity.

Also, I learned something new today. I was not aware that the strncpy function did not null terminate the string when copied. It only will put a null terminator if the string being copied is larger than its destination. I stumbled upon that while looking at Visual Studio 7 today. Now I'll have to spend some time going through our code to make sure we have everything else null terminated.

Soccer
My girl has her last High School soccer game tonight. I can't wait. She has been hurt the last week and a half, so hopefully her ankle will be up to the game.

Well, she played very well. She wasn't as fast as normal, but she is still having problems with her ankle. She did score a goal tonight!!! The game itself was horrible, but watching my girl play awesome was worth it!

No comments: