Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Lake Trip

This past weekend, my wife and son and I took my grandfathers boat back out. We cruised around and I think they both had a good time. About 3, my son was ready to head home. But we had other plans.

We got a chance to check out the new marina at Skiatook. It was very nice. They had guys out to help pull your boat in and if they can reach it (and in our boat, they couldn't). The marina was well lit and clearly marked which is very nice. Of course, it is much more expensive than Crystal Bay Marina. Though Crystal Bay has a much better store. At least for the moment.

One of the ladies my wife works with was having a birthday party for her son at Tall Chief Cove there at Skiatook lake, so we headed over for the party. My boy was glad we stayed.

Around 9 or so, we ordered some pizza. Sometime after 11, we left the campsite to go home. I got all the lights plugged in, and we headed out. We pulled out of the cove, and I turned on the spot light, and I couldn't see anything. Too much mostiure in the air, so it was just like turning on the high beams in the fog. After a very long ride back to the Marina, my back was all in knots. I had boating after dark. I love fishing after dark, but not boating. We ended up getting home around 1:00 a.m. or there abouts.

No comments: