Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Fish & Trucks

Well, the subject looks stranger than it actually was. Basically after being flooded out of work today, I came home, watched some TV I've had recorded and took a nap. All of which was really good.

My daughter woke me up when she got home, so I made myself get out of bed. And finally cleaned the fish tank. It's needed it for a while, but I just hadn't taken the time to do it. It looks so much better now.

We have been having truck problems. We took it to the doctor Thursday night, and I heard back from him yesterday. It wasn't good news. $453 and some change, that was parts, labor, tax, etc. Well, I didn't have that much cash, so I had to pass, but I knew I needed spark plugs, wires, rotor, etc. I gave him the $60 for the diagnoses and went home. Well, one of my friends that is a mechanic ordered the parts for me, so I got my parts for $77.73. Well, it took be about 2 hours, but this was the first time I've ever done this type of work, so that isn't too bad. would have been a bit sooner, but one of the plugs didn't go in a smoothly as I hoped, so it took me a while on that one.

Anyway, we took the truck out tonight, and she is purring like a kitten. It was cool. Anyway, still have oil change and radiator flush to do before my wife takes the truck to Falls Creek. Those shouldn't be very bad. Except it is summer in Oklahoma, and that means Hot and Humid.

2 comments:

Steven H. Roemerman Sr said...

Congrats. Feels good doesn't it?

Unknown said...

you know it!