Friday, July 08, 2005

Collinsville Gas Company?

I'm from Collinsville as many of you know, which is just about 20 minutes north of Tulsa.

The City is trying to buy the gas franchise from ONG.

I'm not convinced this is a good thing. I know that the only utility we do not pay the city for is gas. I know that when I put my deposit down for electric, I was told they are not an electric company, and that I will not get my deposit back till I move. I know when I've lived elsewhere I got my deposit back after a year or so once they know I'd pay my bills.

I also know that we have had "adjustments" as a line item on my bill for some time for the extra cost of electricity. They are not as bad as they first were, but they've been there for a while now. They need to do something about that. I'm don't think the city has done a great job on the electric, so why would I want to give them the gas too?

On cvilleok.com there is some information that can be read, pro's and con's here*

We'll vote on it on August 9th. If we were to vote today, I know I wouldn't support it.

* link is best viewed in IE

No comments: