Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sick Son

Day 2 of being home with my sick son.

I sorta feel bad because I didn't really think he was sick yesterday, but he gave me a reason to think he was faking.

Last Thursday, he came home from school early complaining about a stomach ache. I'm not sure about Friday. I heard no word about him not feeling good Saturday or Sunday. Come Monday morning, he starts complaining that he feels like throw up.

Well, to me, it sounded like he just didn't want to go to school. Sick last week, find over the weekend, sick Monday. Well, I decided that he could stay home from school, but no Playstation. I didn't want him to get use to the idea that faking being sick to stay home is a cool thing. Since he actually agreed to no PS, I got suspicious that he might really be sick.

Late Monday night, I was sitting with him and he felt hot. So I took his temperature. It was 101 degrees. Wow, he is REALLY sick! This morning he woke up at 4:45 complaining that he didn't sleep last night. I took his temperature and he had a fever of 101.8.

Called the Dr, and they tested for flu and strep. Turns out, he has both! Yes, that is right, both Strep and the Flu. Poor guy. About 6:00 this evening, I took his temp and it was up to 103.8 so he go some Ibuprofen. It was down to 101.3 about an hour and half after the Ibuprofen. At least it was down.

No comments: