Thursday, April 27, 2006

Zoo Trip

Yesterday my wife and I got to go with our son on a field trip to the zoo.

It was a lot of fun.
There were a lot of parents there to help out. I was glad to see several dad's there as well as moms.

It was a very enjoyable day.
We had a boy and girl with us along with our son. I was glad I went. I was concerned about going. Kids can get on my nerves pretty easily, but I didn't have any real problems. At lunch, I did get on to one of my boys friends cause he was calling a girl next to him names.

Once the kids got there and got off the bus we took our group and went around. We had a scavenger hunt list to go through to help keep it educational for the kids, but still have fun.

We got to see a good part of the zoo before we had to meet for lunch. All the different groups met at the picnic area for lunch. There were a few of us...


We were not the only school at the zoo that day. There were groups from at least 2 other schools there! It wasn't bad unless you were in one of the buildings, then it got a bit more crowded, but it still wasn't bad.

After lunch, we got to go to the rain forest.



After we met back with the teachers and the rest of the kids to drop off our extra kids and sign our boy out, we stayed at the zoo a bit longer. He got to play at the play ground. We decided we would head to the see lion show. On the way, we walked by some of the monkeys, and we were standing in front of a glass window watching a couple, and my boy was eating his fruit snacks. Well, the monkey saw him and he wanted his snacks. We had too much fun.



After laughing real hard, we went to the sea lion show.


We walked around a bit longer, then finally head out.


After we left, we headed to Ted's Escondido for dinner, we got there between 4:30 and 4:45 (closer to 4:45 I think), and got seated right away. No wait. I almost didn't know what to do.

It was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Mark A. Nickles said...

Glad you got feeling better, Tracy/Traci/Tracey (any of them right?). I love the zoo! I think we're planning on making another trip during vacation this year, like we did year before last. Wanna come with?