Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Stardust = high traffic

Sometimes, people just don't think.

I tried to go to the Stardust@home project page and I received this message:

Aug. 1, 2006

Today we officially begin the Stardust@home project with real data.

Due to the unexpected large volume of traffic, our website might be slow or non-responsive. If you are receiving this message, please try again at a later time.

We are working to solve this problem as soon as possible. Please be patient and thank you for your understanding,

Stardust@home Team

Unexpected large volume of traffic? You have got to be kidding me. The thought that they didn't expect a lot of traffic is... um... sad? They emailed all that pre-registered best I can tell. I believe I read that the number was over 100,000 people. (Not sure where I saw that).


Truth is, I expected delays with this. But their comment that they did not was surprising.

No comments: