Thursday, June 29, 2006

The D word

My wife tells me (all the time), I've lived a sheltered life.
I'm not sure that's really true, but I agree that there are many things in this world I've never experienced, nor do I want to.

Divorce is one of them. I've never been divorced. Never will. (when we said death do us part, we both meant it!) :) I've known people that have had divorces, but I've never been around a couple that was going through a divorce (except my grandparents, and they don't really count cause I was too young, and they always got back together).

Anyway, that's changing. My wife works with a woman that's splitting up from her husband, and planning on a divorce.

Now, I'm not getting into anything about them. This post isn't really about them really, it's about marriage.

Because of all of this, I've really been thinking about what my wife means to me.
I could not imagine living my life without my wife! The thought of it makes me sick.

While looking for a CD last night, I stumbled upon some old Bryan Adams CD's that I had. Well, I've been listening to them. Just a little bit ago, Everything I do, I do it for you came on. I've probably not heard this song in over 8 years, possibly more. But this song really spoke to me about how I feel about my wife.

So honey, when you read this, please take the time and read closely.
Look into my eyes - you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart - search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you

Look into your heart - you will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am - take my life
I would give it all - I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
Ya know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you

There's no love - like your love
And no other - could give more love
There's nowhere - unless you're there
All the time - all the way

Oh - you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
I would fight for you - I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you

Ya know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you

Any guy that may read this, back up and read the lyrics to the song.
No really, do it, it will just take a second.

In my personal opinion, that is how each and every one of you should feel towards your wife (of special someone if you aren't married yet). Stop when your wife talks to you and listen to her. And for heavens sakes, tell her you love her! We are all so busy that we don't take the time to be couples. And without that, you'll end up right where our friends are at now.

Anyway, I guess this is enough for now, I may come back to this subject later.

Oh, and honey, I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right back atcha...you're my everything. I love you.
T

Anonymous said...

Nice sentiments and before my divorce, I would have said the same thing. Unfortunately, sometimes things happen that hit you right between the eyes. Like when I found out that my wife had been having an affair with her boss for months and then told me she wanted a divorce. That after 15+ years of what I thought was a happy marriage. Little did I know. Well, without going into the dirty details, we got a divorce. I won't do that again... Anyway, I wish you well. I hope your love lasts forever.

I, too, am here said...

I love this post. Just when I didn't think there were good people out there I find this blog. Your wife is proud of you I am sure.