Tuesday, June 20, 2006

You've got to be kidding

File this under "You've got to be kidding".

according to this Breitbart.com story it appears that Presbyterians can now change the divine Trinity of "Father, Son and Holy Spirit" to other gender neutral wording.

Some options listed in this article were:
Mother, Child, Womb (not gender neutral)
Rock, Redeemer, Friend
Lover, Beloved, Love
Creator, Savior, Sanctifier
King of Glory, Prince ofPeace, Spirit of Love (um king and prince are men, they missed the gender neutral here)
Ok, Now listen to me. I am NOT bashing Presbyterians. I guess I'm just a nice conservative Baptist that thinks that we should leave the wording in the Bible alone! I'd be upset if the Baptists suggested this change.

Here is a quote from the article: One reason is that language limited to the Father and Son "has been used to support the idea that God is male and that men are superior to women," the panel said.

I've always liked this saying.
God made woman (Eve) from man's (Adam's) rib, not from his head for her to be his ruler, or his foot to be trampled on, but from his side to be his equal.


This is also on a church by church basis from the way I read the article.

No comments: