Friday, June 02, 2006

Home Improvement Projects update

Last weekend, we replaced the shower in the house.

We started around 4:30 Saturday afternoon, and worked till 1ish.
Started again Sunday around 1:30 p.m., and worked till 2:00 am.
I got up with my wife got up for work and worked from around 8:30 till 1:00. The shower was done except for cleaning and hanging the shower curtain.

We took off to Independence Kansas to go to a cheap water park and picnic, putt-putt, and a little train ride. Saw my parents and sister on the way home. We got home around 11 that night.

If I was going to take a shower in the morning, I needed to clean the bathroom and hang the curtain, so I proceeded to do that. Got the bathroom clean, and went to hand the shower curtain, and the curtain rod was too short.

*sigh*
Off to Walmart. I got a new shower curtain rod and went home (almost 1 a.m.), went to hand it, and it was about 2 or 3 inches too long.

*sigh*

Off to Walmart. I got a smaller shower curtain rod, went home, hung it, and it fit! Put the curtain on it. Looked at it and the shower curtain was about 6 inches too short. So I had to lower the curtain rod, but it was still too short, but would have to do, I was not going back to Walmart. I went to bed around 2:15 or so I think.

The next day, I got a new shower curtain and a new shower head. This one has the massage function and a hand held too.

The next day, my wife rearranged some stuff, and now the shower is very nice.

I'm glad we replaced it, but it was a LOT of work!

We still have to do the trim which I'm sure will be a pain, but then we'll really be done.

All told, to this point in getting the shower installed, we had 6 trips to Lowes and 4 trips to Walmart all in 3 days.

I told you I hate home improvement projects.

No comments: