Friday, November 10, 2006

WL - 11/10 check-in

It's hard to believe that I've been working out for 16 weeks now.

As of this morning, I have lost 32.5 pounds. 4.5 inches in my chest and 4.75 inches in my stomach.

This week, my wonderful wife bought me 3 new shirts. Get this, they are mediums! I can't tell you the last time I was in a medium shirt. Sorta strange to go from XL to M. That'll be a hard adjustment. But one I think I can get use to.

This has really been pretty incredible. I still have problems not stopping at every mirror and just staring. Not because of being vain, but out of shock.

I've "wanted" to lose weight before, but the truth is I didn't. I didn't want to do what it really took to do it. What it took for me is to decide that I really wanted the weight off. And for me, it's been a two step process.

Eat less. I know this sounds crazy, especially with all the take this pill and keep eating what you're eating and you'll lose weight. That doesn't work. I've cut back a lot on what I eat. Instead of 3 cheese burgers, I'll usually now only eat 1 (may 2 )
Instead of 2 sandwiches at lunch, I'm eating 1. Stop drinking pop. There are 120 calories in a single can of pop.

Exercise. I'd say exercise more, but I wasn't exercising at all. I was spending between 1 and 1.25 hours 6 days a week. That was harder to do than the eating less. I've started slacking off a bit, but my weight loss has also slowed down. I'd spend over half of my time there on the treadmill and some time lifting weights.

I don't think I'm done losing weight, but with the weeks that are coming up, I think maintaining my weight would be a great.

Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away. Yummy!

No comments: