Sunday, November 12, 2006

Veterans Day

Friday, at my son's school, they had a Veterans Day assembly. They asked all the Cub Scouts and Brownies that wanted to take part in the event to come in their uniform. When I told my boy of the invitation, he was excited!

Friday, he proudly wore his uniform to school. My wife and father-in-law got to go watch. My wife tole me I would have been very proud of him and that he did a great job.

My boy was part of the Color Guard when they Posted the Colors and when they Retrieved the Colors, he got to carry the American Flag.

My wife did tell me of one cute thing that happened. As he was carrying the flag back, he was concentrating on holding the heavy flag up and making sure it didn't touch the ground that he wasn't looking up. Well, in the gym where they had the ceremony, there were basketball goals with nets on them. And the eagle on his flag got caught up in the net. Thankfully, there was someone there to help him get untangled.

I wish I could have been there to see it.


We had several good pictures from the event, but since they had other kids in the pictures, I didn't want to post them. Here was a picture of him as he walked in front of my wife. Can you see the concentration on his face?

No comments: