Saturday, October 15, 2005

Technology problems

This is no my day to touch anything electronic it appears... in fact, I probably should be touching the computer.

I got up this morning and turned on the Satelite for my boy and I got this wonderful error or my Dish PVR 501.
Error 311
A serious problem has been detected with your hard drive,
error code 0457
Afterward, I couldn't use any of the PVR functions, no pausing TV, no rewinding, nothing.
Well, I called Tech support (no one have a heart attack that I actually called) and after running through a couple of things, I ended up unplugging and waiting for probably 30+ seconds. Plugged back in and everything was good. She said this might have been related to the sound cutting in and out on me on my recorded shows. Lets see how long it lasts.

So, after that I come over and plug in my Sony Clie and sync up. Well, it got hung up, which it does often. So, I hit the reset button on it, but now I have a new lovely message that keeps coming up.
Fatal Alert
DateDB.c, Line:2537, An earlier alarm was found in skipped records
Reset
I did learn that if I hold the up arrow well, up, It will bypass loading software. course, now I have to figure out what was causing the crash and fix it.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Michael said...

My life will be over if my PVR starts acting up now!