Sunday, October 23, 2005

Catch up

Well, it's been over a week since my last update. It hasn't been nothing's going on, it's actually been the opposite. There has been so much going on, taking the time to blog hasn't even come close to a priority. (Sorry y'all, not that you aren't priorities, just no time to type).

Early last week, my boy started not looking good, but still acted fine. Well, Monday after work, I picked him up from day care, and he was running a fever. I worked from home on Tuesday to take care of him, but with an implementation Tuesday night at work, it was a bit tricky. I took time out Tuesday and took him to the doctor. He had the croup (throat cold). Had to drop him off at my wife's work so she could watch him as I went to soccer practice.

I woke up at 5 on Wednesday to go to work because of the implementation. It was a major upgrade for our software. Over all, it went well.

Saturday, we had our 7th soccer game. My boy scored a goal! It was awesome. My wife had the day off, so she was able to watch. As soon as the game was over, she ran off to Tulsa with one of her friends to try out for the Wheel of Fortune! She didn't get on stage, but she said she had a great time. It would be awesome if she could have gotten on the show, she is so good at the Wheel.

I had forgotten to paint the lines on the soccer field last week, so after our game ended, My boy and I went and painted the lines on the field before the next game, then we ran home, changed, and headed to Bartlesville to help my parents move.

I got in the truck, and the fuel gage was in the red, so I stopped here and put $2.25 in the tank. I was wanting to make sure I got to B-ville to get gas since I could get it for $2.11/gallon, (about 8 cents/gallon savings, and since I was filling up the truck, that was a good amount. Well, I got about half way, and was in the red again. I wasn't sure if I could get to B-ville or not, so I stopped at another gas station and put another $2.00 in the tank. Well, I safely got to the B-ville Walmart to get gas. Put $46.50 in the tank.

Well, we got my parents bedroom, living room, office and fridge,freezer,washer,dryer also moved. Not as much as I would have liked, but it wasn't bad. Part of the reason we didn't get more moved was they people in the house were still moving stuff out, and it was a mess.

One funny story, they had an organ and a piano in their living room so they rented a piano dolly to move them. Well, I've moved my parents piano A LOT!!! After watching the dollys in action, I was impressed. We ended up borrowing it for my parents piano. After we got it loaded up, I talked my parents into just rolling it down the street instead of loading it into the pick-up or their trailer. So dad and I took the piano for a walk. We has several people come out of their houses to watch us. It was too funny. But it was sooooooooo much easier than loading it into the truck.

Anyway, that was just a small portion of my week, and may explain a bit why I haven't blogged.

No comments: